The manager for your NXTCam camera sensor
NXTCamView configures and controls the
mindsensors. NXTCam is a camera sensor that provides real-time vision
recognition to NXT robots. NXTCam uses simple color recognition to detect
objects in its view.
Learn more about NXTCam and share your
experiences at the
teaching NXTCam colors
The main purpose of NXTCamView is to teach the
NXTCam which colors to track. Colors are setup in ranges that are
uploaded and stored in the NXTCam.
To teach the NXTCam colors -
- Download, install and start NXTCamView on
- Ensure the two NXTCam drivers
(USB-to-Serial and NXTCam) have been installed on your PC.
- Ensure the NXTCam is plugged into one
of your PCs USB ports.
- In NXTCamView, setup communications to the NXTCam
via Tools\Options. Often only the COMPort needs to be set.
- Connect to your NXTCam.
- Capture an image (or two) to check the focus and lighting conditions.
- Select some colors to track by
clicking on the image you captured. Colors are shown as ranges of
red, green and blue (min/max values of each). You can add or remove colors from
a range by holding
down the "CTRL" key or "SHIFT-CTRL" keys while clicking.
- Upload the color ranges into the
- Test your colors in the Tracking
window to see what object blobs are returned.
- Disconnect NXTCamView from your
Now you're ready to start coding!
We have some
Demo Screencams which can help you get started